Laughter is Timeless
Imagination has no age
And Dreams are Forever
DREAM as if you will live forever
Live as if you will die today

Monday, March 2, 2009

MOM Stuff

So Rylee came home well texted me on the phone and told me a girl at school died. When I got more information I found out this 8th grader killed herself. How do you instill to any 11 year old that suicide is not the answer. We talked openly about it and I tried to explain that the girl not only hurt herself but also her family and every one around her. I wonder yes I know here we go again about Amy and here wondering but my god. Rylee is only 11 and she has been through so much this year. She was called a slut then 2 weeks ago a kid wrote a letter explaining how he was going to kill her and other kids in the school and now this. Do you home school? Rylee goes to a Charter School and yes its supposed to be better but is it really?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sadly as parents we can only do and say so much. The world we live in is a harsh place full of craziness and uncertainty. But know that simply by being open and talking and allowing HER to talk to you and express her feelings without feeling judement is the best thing in the world. I know you Amy and you are not just an amazing person but a fantastic mom.

S Murdock said...

Wow, this world is such a crazy place anymore. I think that you just need to remember that you are a great Mom, and a good friend to her. She will turn out ok. Just the fact that she tells you these things shows how close you are.